This course can be taken at any time.
Part Time Day
Main Location (Pretoria)
This programme is targeted at an introductory or more elementary level. It is for people who perform non-managerial tasks at work and who often lack the confidence or experience to deal with their colleagues and managers effectively.
It covers basic practical skills in listening, meeting and greeting people, answering the telephone and taking a good message, checking instructions for understanding, creating daily goodwill in the office, and feeling good about yourself so that you can interact confidently with others.
This programme is targeted at an elementary level and will give delegates a basic introduction to what communication is and how important it is to understand the principles of interpersonal reactions and relationships in the work place.
Specific Outcomes Covered
* To understand the role of communication in the organisation.
* To improve listening skills to ensure clarity of understanding and interpretation of information/instruction.
* To improve self image and stress the importance of having a good attitude.
* To be able to answer the telephone effectively and create good first impression.
* To take an effective message on the telephone.
* To make the most of the welcome process in the work environment.
* To understand the importance of using people's names correctly as a sign of respect.
* To use specific verbal techniques to minimise conflict at work.
* To understand the importance of body language in the work place.
* To ensure that one is using positive body language.
* To understand the non-verbal signals sent to us by others.
* To understand the principles of daily goodwill in the office.
Programme Fees Price on application.
Pre-requisite Learning Learners should be competent in commuincation and literacy at NQF level 1
NQF Level 2
Applicable Unit Standard Behave in a professional manner in a business environment. (14359 US. No.)Credits Awarded 5