This course can be taken at any time.
Part Time Day
Main Location (Pretoria)
This programme aims to assist delegates to communicate successfully in all situations. It will make people more aware of two of the three main aspects of communication; what we say and how we say it; and non-verbal communication or body language, (the third aspect, written communication, is covered in other courses offered by Living Dynamics).
The material considers our ability to listen and gives ways of improving this. It investigates how we feel about ourselves, (your self-image) and discusses practical ways of feeling good about who we are. It explores how and why people behave as they do and gives techniques for dealing with conflict and awkward situations. We investigate the use of body language and learn ways to be more aware of our own body language and how to read other people’s body language.
A fascinating look into human behaviour which will leave you feeling energised to go and implement new ways of interacting with people at work and socially.
This programme will enable delegates to communicate effectively face-to-face or telephonically across barriers created by culture, language or hierarchy.
Specific Outcomes Covered
* To learn the importance of communication in organisations.
* To determine what barriers exist that stop us from communicating effectively.
* To learn how to diagnose and break down barriers in communication.
* To establish how to analyse your own listening skills and to improve your listening ability.
* To discover the elements of having a good self-image and how to improve that image by considering your level of emotional intelligence.
* To evaluate behavioural styles and how to use verbal techniques to minimise conflict and deal with awkward situations.
* To learn how to use body language to read signals sent by others and be more sensitive to their needs in the work context.
Target Audience This course is aimed at all employees who are interested in developing their ability to engage in oral interactions in a wide range of socio-cultural, learning and/or workplace contexts.
Programme Fees Price available on application.
Pre-requisite Learning Based on the assumption that learners are already competent in terms of the following outcomes or areas of learning when starting to learn towards the unit standard :NQF 3
NQF Level 4
Applicable Unit StandardEngage in sustained oral/signed communication and evaluate spoken/signed text. (119462 US. No.)
Credits Awarded 5