This course can be taken at any time.
Part Time Day
Main Location (Pretoria)
In business, whether you are writing a memo style informal report or drafting a 50 page formal report, how and what you write defines who you are and how successful you will be. This one day programme in business report writing takes you on a step-by-step journey, covering every aspect of report writing.
Throughout the day every aspect that is covered theoretically will be pursued in a practical form and delegates will produce a report during the course of the day. An interactive and engaging day, which makes the difficult job of report writing into a very methodical and easily achievable task.
This programme will enable delegates to construct different types of reports, memos, faxes and minutes in a logical, persuasive, concise and accurate manner to maximise effectiveness.
Specific Outcomes Covered
* To learn to assess the reader and objectives.
* To present a report in a logical and attractive manner.
* To identify different types of reports for various purposes.
* To identify the difference between a recommendation and a conclusion.
* To collect relevant information for the report.
* To evualate findings and check for accuracy and objectiveness.
* To select the appropriate writing style and vocabulary to enhance the outcome.
* To decide on the use of active and passive forms.
* To use an effective method and layout for taking minutes.
Target Audience This course is aimed at employees who are responsible for writing reports,and minutes as part of their work function.
Pre-requisite Learning Learners should have a solid literacy level and although many will speak English as a second language, their understanding and speaking ability should be thorough. They should be at NQF 3.
NQF Level 4
Applicable Unit StandardUse the writing process to compose texts required in the business environment. (12153 US. No.)